Some exciting developments over the past couple of weeks. With last week missing an episode of news coverage, I bring you a double dose this week! This week we'll learn about a writing contest, green tea for baking, a recall and a way green tea is being used to help fight AIDS.
- Maxx Performance of Chester, N.Y has found a way to make green tea more palatable for bakers and chefs. WTN has the scoop!
- Bunn-O-Matic has recalled a tea and coffee maker due to concerns about people burning themselves. The model has been on the market since 2004. The recall hotline at Bunn-O-Matic is (800) 741-3405.
- Hain Celestial has been named the UK's #1 eco friendly food & beverage company. WTN has more.
- This one's pretty neat! Great Lakes Tea & Spice has opened a kiosk at the West Bloomfield Hospital in Detroit! WTN has a nice write-up on it.
- A contest is on for tea enthusiasts of a yuonger persuasion to write an essay about tea. The contest is being co-sponsored by Teas-Etc and Laura Schaeffer, the author of the book Tea Shop Girls, which I'll review soon!
- The Mayo Clinic says that tea's EGCG compounds have shown to help Leukemia patients!
- Apparently green tea extracts and EGCG compounds are being made into a vaginal gel which may help to prevent the spread of AIDS.
That's it for this week! I'll see you tomorrow for my review of Adagio's Golden Spring.